Monday 28 June 2010

The Best Years Of Your Life: CHAPTERS 1-4

|||||||||||||||||||| CHAPTER ONE: Out Of Curiosity ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Chris' PoV

"Chris!" Dad shouted up. I turned round on my bed, looking up to the ceiling. "Jonny is here!"

My eyes widened. I was about to get out of bed when he entered my room.
"Alright, Chris?" Jonny asked, playing with the football he had in his hands. "Do you want to go and play footie?"


"It's like almost nine, my dad won't let me come out" I said, sighing. "Just stay here and we can play some poker or something!"

"It sucks with only like two people, we need to get Jonny, Guy and Phil and the lads over and we'll have a proper poker night. Remember that last time when we all got drunk and your dad threw me out!" Jonny said, chuckling.

"Haha! Yeah, that was funny. He still doesn't like you that much" I replied, laughing even more than Jonny was.

"He does! Everyone loves old Jonnyboy, especially your mum!" Jonny said, grinning.

"Watch it dude! Don't make me beat you up!" I said, raising my eyebrows in a sarcastic matter.

"I'd like to see you try" Jonny said, jumping on Chris' bed. "So, what are we doing then?"

I looked around my room before hearing a crash of lightning outside and a huge rainfall. I turned my back to Jonny and grinned as I approached the window. "I guess we are staying in!" I said before turning back round to Jonny and approaching my bed. I got on my knees and got my safe out.

"What is that?" Jonny asked.

"Haven't you ever seen it before? It's my safe!" I said, opening it and producing two cans of Carlsberg lager.

"You legend, Chris!" Jonny said, taking one of the cans from my hand and opening it.

"No worries, just be quiet, If my dad see's us drinking, he'll get right pissed off. I got grounded for three weeks last time!" I said. It was really annoying, he didn't talk to me at all for that amount of time.

I watched as Jonny made his way through the can of lager. He was always a lightweight.
"You're getting drunk already!" I said, smiling.
"Am I heck!" Jonny replied, slurring his words.

"Do you want me to go and ask my dad if you can stay over tonight?" I asked.

"Anything to stay away from Sophie!" Jonny said, smiling.

"Dude, why don't you just dump her if you are so sick of her?" I said, thinking it was logical.

"I'm not going to dump her. I'm scared of her" Jonny exclaimed. "Anyway, yeah, go and ask your dad while I finish your drink!"

I started walking out the room.
"Okay you can have a bit of it, just don't drink too much of mine. I'll get you another one later!" I said as I ran downstairs. My dad was staring at me.

"I've just had Jonny's mum on the phone" he said. I looked up at him.
"Oh yes?" I replied.

"Her sister's ill, so she has asked if Jonny can stay here tonight! You can tell Jonny it's alright but no drinking, after what happened last time!" Dad said. "Oh alright, cool, I'll tell him, goodnight dad!"

"Goodnight!"

I walked back upstairs and into my bedroom, Jonny was looking at one of my dirty magazines.
"Chris, you dirty bastard! I didn't know you were into this sort of stuff!" Jonny said, laughing.
"Uhh, I'm a guy, aren't I?" I replied, grinning. "Anyway, your aunt's ill so your mum is staying with her tonight so you can stay here anyway!"

"Oh okay" Jonny replied, more captivated in the magazine. "Look at her tits!" he said, pointing to one of the girls. I simply smiled. I didn't feel comfortable. I just bought the magazines to be like every other guy.

"Jonny" I said bluntly, my voice was stern. Jonny looked at me. "Do you think we can try something? You know, out of curiosity"

"Like what, do you want to kiss me, Chris?" Jonny said, sarcastically.

I paused before replying;
"Yes"

Jonny moved in and kissed me. It didn't last long. I don't know if he even meant it but he did it. It left both me and him speechless. Without a word being said, we kissed again.

||||||||||||| CHAPTER TWO: The Morning After The Night Before |||||||||||||||||||||||

Chris' PoV

The bell rang. I rushed out of Maths and into the hallway. I looked around for Jonny. I had to find him. I had to talk to him. He left my house this morning before I even got up. Maybe he felt bad about the night before. I had no idea, the only way to find out is to find him. I finally spotted him coming out of Geography, I ran over to him, he was wife his girlfriend, Sophie.

"Jonny" I said, smiling.

"Alright mate?" Jonny said. "Crazy night last night, wonnit? I can't remember a thing!"

"You are so crazy!" Sophie said to Jonny before she snogged him in front of me.

I just walked off. I couldn't be dealing with him. He must have remembered what happened last night, mustn't he?

"Chris" a voice said. I looked around, I didn't know what was going on. I looked up, it was Guy.
"Chris, are you alright?" Guy asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" I replied, pulling myself together. "What lesson have we got now?"

"Dunno" Guy said. "I think it's German and if it is, I'm not going, I can't stand Mr. Deacon!"

"What are you going to do, then?" I asked.

"I'm going to bunk off, you coming with me for a smoke?" Guy asked. I looked behind me and saw Jonny and Sophie kissing some more. I couldn't take it any more.

"Yeah sure, why not?" I said. "Let's go"

Guy lead me outside, we climbed over the fence surrounding the school. He led me down a small track I had never seen before and made me climb through a hedge. This revealed a sort of 'smoking area' where there were cigarette butts, alcohol, and plastic bottles littering the place. There was also a smell of drugs that I don't think could ever go away.

Guy got out a cigarette and a lighter, and proceeded to light his cigarette and smoke it. I watched as the smoke seemed to clasp onto my clothes.
"Do you want a drag, Chris?" Guy asked, smiling.

"No thanks" I said. I'd never smoked before, I've told everyone that I have. You know, just to try and sound cool.

"Guy" I muttered.

Guy looked up."Yes?" he said.

"I've got to tell you something" Chris said.

"Go on, tell me anything, I won't judge!" Guy said, winking.

"Last night I kissed Jonny. Guy, I think I'm gay" I said, sighing.

"Wow" Guy replied, smoking the last of his cigarette. "I don't know what to say, so, I suppose, I won't say anything"

Guy got up and walked off, leaving myself time to think.

||||||||||||| CHAPTER THREE: Confessions |||||||||||||||||||||||

Jonny's PoV

I sat up.

"What's wrong?" Sophie asked.

I shouldn't have done it. Why the hell did I just have sex with Sophie.
"Sorry, Sophie, I just need to be somewhere. I forgot" I said, giving Sophie a quick kiss.

I started getting dressed and got out of her house as soon as possible. I jumped on my bike and started biking- towards Chris' house. I knocked on the door. His mum let me in and I slowly walked up to Chris' room, opened it and walked in. Chris stared at me as I walked in.

"Jonny" Chris said.

"We need to talk" I said. "About...last night"

"I'm really, really sorry" Chris said. I was proud of Chris for saying sorry, I smiled.

"There is no need to be sorry mate! We both had a part to play last night" I said, sitting next to Chris on his bed.

"Well" Chris said. "Did you like it?"

I paused to think.
"To be honest, I'd never thought of you in that way before. I'd never thought of any dude in this way before and I don't know if I feel it for you now!" I said, probably kidding myself. I did enjoy it, in a way.

"Did you like it?" I asked.

"Yes. I did" Chris said. "I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry" Jonny replied.

"So what shall we do about it all? Forget it?" Chris asked.

"I'm not sure if I want to forget it" I said. Chris' face brightened up.

I wasn't even sure what I was saying or how I felt.

"I've got to tell you something, I've told Guy what has happened!" Chris said.

"What?" I exclaimed. I couldn't believe what I had just been told. "Why the hell did you do that, Chris?"

"I'm sorry, I needed to tell someone" Chris said.

"Well, what did he say?" I asked, sighing and shaking my head.

"Nothing really, he just walked off" Chris said.

"Fanfuckingtastic!" I exclaimed. "Well, everyone is going to know soon!"

"Guy isn't like that!" Chris said.

"He bloody well is" I replied, collapsing on the bed. "Look, I'm sorry Chris, I mean, I've kind of got a confession too!"

"What is that then?" Chris asked.

I sighed before muttering the words; "I slept with Sophie"

||||||||||||| CHAPTER FOUR: Repurcussions |||||||||||||||||||||||

Chris' PoV

I don't get angry in normal circumstances but this was not a normal circumstance.

Before getting too angry, I calmed myself down.

"Did you just say that you slept with Sophie?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Just before I came here, yes" Jonny replied.

I snapped.
"You said you hated her! It's not about love with you, is it? It's just sex, sex, sex with you. If anything ever started between the two of us, you wouldn't love me, would you?" I exclaimed, picking up a glass and throwing it at Jonny.

"What the hell are you doing? I'm sorry!" Jonny said.

I heard someone running upstairs, my Dad burst into my room.

"What's going on here, then?" My dad exclaimed, demanding to know what was going on.

"I just dropped a glass" Jonny said.

"Why the hell were you shouting at him for breaking a glass? He is a guest in my home, not your home!" Dad exclaimed.

"He wasn't shouting at me, I dropped the glass without Chris knowing and then asked him to shout at me to get him into trouble, I was just being stupid!" Jonny said.

I was shocked, he was defending me.

"You are a very stupid kid, Jonny! You used to be nice when you were younger, but now your a teenager, all you are doing is being stupid and getting drunk. Chris isn't much better!" Dad said, turning to walk away but then stopping in his tracks.

"In fact, no, I am sick of this" Dad said, turning back round. "Jonny, you can stay here for tonight but after tonight I don't want to see you in my house ever again!"

"Dad!" I shouted out in protest.

"This is not up for debate!" Dad shouted before walking out and slamming the door behind him.

"Well, we better make the most of tonight" Jonny said, winking.

No comments:

Post a Comment