Monday 28 June 2010

The Best Years Of Your Life: Chapters 5-8

CHAPTER FIVE: That Night

Jonny's PoV

"Jonny, you don't have to do this if you don't want to" Chris said, trying not to smile. He wanted to. I knew he wanted to.

"I want to" I proclaimed. I really wanted to.

"What do you want me to do?" Chris asked.

"Just" I paused to think. "Just...do stuff to me" I pleaded. I'd never really done this sort of stuff, I'd only just slept with a girl for the first time yesterday but I'm more excited about what is to come today than of what happened yesterday. She didn't excite me. Chris does.

Chris slowly walked over to me, looking over his shoulder to make sure that the door was shut...then he stopped and listened. Listening to see if anyone was coming up...his mum, his dad, one of his brothers...there was nobody. The house was silent, a far cry of what it was like several minutes ago.

Knowing that the setting was right, Chris continued to walk towards me until we were almost touching. He proceeded to take my school uniform off, slowly. First my tie, then my jumper and then my shirt which he stopped to smell. I began to feel increasingly uncomfortable but that didn't last for long, the night was the most comfortable I had spent with Chris ever. I learnt so much about him, I learnt what he liked...and what he didn't but most importantly we learnt what we could enjoy together...as a couple.

"I'd just like you to do one thing for me" Chris asked.

I stopped and looked at Chris.

"I'd like you to finish Sophie" Chris asked. I smiled.

"Of course I will" I said, I'd do anything for this guy right now and at that moment it struck me- I wasn't straight.

I was not straight. I was the think that I mocked kids at school for, the thing every kid swore that they were not- gay. All these years I had been drooling over girls was a lie- It was myself wanting, wishing to be straight but I am not.

"Chris" I said.

Chris looked over at me, I was lying beside him- catching my breath.

"Yeah?" he said, his eyes wide.

"I think I'm gay" I admitted.

"Really?" Chris asked. "We've just been at for almost an hour, and you've just realised" He laughed.

I grinned.

"You know what" Chris said.

"What?" I asked.

"I think I'm in love" Chris replied.

Without a word being said, we quickly made ourselves comfortable again and slowly drifted into sleep in each others arms.

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

The door slowly opened. It was Chris' brother Al. He walked towards Chris' desk, not noticing Chris and Jonny. He grabbed a pen and as he turned to walk out, he spotted Chris and Jonny in each others arms. He looked shocked before walking out of the room, closing the door and sighing, throwing the pen on the floor and putting his head in his hands.

CHAPTER SIX: When Everything Was So Perfect...

Chris' PoV

"Jonny" I whispered into his ear. His eyes slowly opened. I smiled and looked over to the door, to make sure no one was there- no one was.

"Y'alright, Chris?" Jonny asked. I just continued to smile. "Hey, hey, there's something I need to remember, I need to hand in my Geography homework, write a note for me or something so I don't forgot"

I walked over to my desk and grabbed a piece of paper and looked around for a pen.
"Jonny, have you seen my pen?" I asked.

"No I haven't" Jonny replied. "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll remember"

"Okay" I grinned. "Do you want any breakfast?"

"Nah, I don't think I will. Your Dad will find some reason to have a go at me!" Jonny said. I stared, listened and savoured his voice. That was one of the things that attracted me to Jonny- his voice. His deep, husky voice. I snapped out of it.

"Yeah, sure, that is probably smart" I said. "Anyway, why don't you get dressed and I will meet you at school!"

Jonny smiled and got out of his bed- he was only wearing his boxers. I watched as he slowly got his school uniform on which was crumpled up in his bag. He paused before looking over at me.
"I can't believe that was the last night I could stay at yours!" Jonny said, sighing.

"I'm sure my dad will come round!" I said, I hoped.

"Til' then, you can stay at mine" Jonny said, winking.

"Are you serious?" I replied. "I thought your mum hated people staying at your house!"

"Yeah- people. You are not just a person. You are my friend. My best friend" Jonny said, chuckling as he adjusted his tie and put his backpack on. "I'll seeya at school kiddo!" he said, slapping me on the back, quite hard. And then he walked out of my room.

A few minutes later I made my way into the kitchen where Mum, Dad and Al were sat at the breakfast table.
"Where's Jonny, then?" Al asked, looking at me with daggers in his eyes.

"Uhh, he has gone to school" I replied, sitting down at the table and grabbing a piece of toast.

"I was serious you know, about Jonny staying here. He's not staying here again" Dad said, bluntly.

"Oh, I know" I said, standing up. "That reminds me, I'm staying at Jonny's tonight"

"Okay dear" Mum replied, smiling. Dad stared at her with his menacing eyes. "Oh for goodness sake, let him stay at his friends"

"Oh fine, as long as he doesn't come anywhere near this house!" Dad exclaimed.

"Don't worry, he won't" I said, nodding my head as I turned to walk out the door.

"Chris" Al said. I turned back around. "Do you want your pen?" he asked, his arm extended and the pen in his hand. I grabbed it.

"Thanks" I said.

"Anytime kiddo!" Al said. "And hey, say hello to Jonny when you see him, I didn't manage to talk to him last night, I guess you were just too busy!"

"Haha, yeah" I said, forcing a smile as I walked out of the front door and closing it behind me and walking down the street.

------------------------

"Guy!" I exclaimed as I walked out of Maths. He was trying to ignore me, I ran up to him and put my arm on his shoulder, he turned round and looked at me.

"What?" he asked.

"We need to talk" I said, smiling. At that moment Will turned up.

"Is everything alright?" Will asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine" I said.

"Alright then, I'll see you in Geography" Will said. Guy was already gone. Someone else ran at me and jumped on me, I turned around- It was Sophie.

"Hiya Chris!" she said, chewing on a piece of chewing gum.

"Alright?" I said.

"I guess you heard then" Sophie said.

"Heard what?" I asked.

"About me and Jonny- having sex for the first time"

"Uhh yeah, but, excuse me, do you want me to say congratulations or what?" I said, getting angry.

"Chris, there is no need to be like that!" Sophie said, sniffing.

"But there is, you are using my best friend, you are nothing but a slag!" I exclaimed.

"Excuse me!" She shouted.

A crowd started to gather.

"Yeah, you've told him that you lost your virginity to him but I know for a fact that you've slept with loads of guys!" I exclaimed, pushing her.

At that moment, Jonny ran up to me and Sophie.
"What's going on?" he said.

"Nothing" I said, starting to walk off. Jonny grabbed me. "What are you doing, Jonny?"

"Stop messing with my girlfriend,eh!" he exclaimed. I was shocked.

I started to talk quieter, "I thought you were finishing with her!"

"No" he said, Sophie putting her arm around him. "Where the hell did you get that idea from?"

CHAPTER SEVEN: Trying To Move On

Jonny's PoV

"Jonny...Jonny" Sophie said. I was ignoring her. I just walked off, to Geography. I sat down in my usual seat, the one nearest the window on the back row- next to Guy. Chris was on the other side of the room, trying to ignore me. Sophie doesn't take Geography, an excuse to get away from her.

The lesson began and as usual me and Guy didn't listen. Mr Booth wasn't a very interesting teacher and didn't seem to mind if we didn't listen whether that was because he did not mind or that he couldn't be bothered to do anything. Anyway, he wouldn't want to mess with Guy, last time some teacher had a go at Guy- Guy kidnapped his dog.

"Guy" I said. He wasn't being his usual self. He knew, of course he knew, I almost forgot. "I'm sorry"

"Sorry for what?" Guy asked.

"Do you know?" I asked, starting to question myself.

"About you and Chris? Yes" Guy replied.

"What do you think?" I asked, treading carefully.

"What do I think? I think you are making a bloody big mistake, you've got a girlfriend" Guy exclaimed, however trying to be quiet.

"I know I am, well, I did" I said before taking a deep breath. "But...it's over now"

"Really? Was it just a one-night sexual exploration?" Guy said, grinning.

"I...I guess so" I said, smirking.

"Well...Chris doesn't seem to think so!" Guy said.

"Oh...he does" I said, scratching my head.

"Y'know, I always thought he was gay" Guy said. "But not you, you seem too masculine!"

"That's because..." I said, lowering my voice. "I am not"

"Good to know!"

"Hey...you haven't told anyone, have you?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"No, of course not, what sort of friend would do that? I was just shocked when Chris told me" Guy said, brushing his hair to one side.

"Well, at least, say sorry to Chris, he is gutted that you two have fallen out" I said, trying to make myself feel better for betraying Chris.

"Yeah...I guess I have been a bit harsh" Guy said.

I saw Chris look over at us. I looked back and smiled, he ignored me. I deserved it.

The lesson continued for about another twenty minutes, and for the first time in my life at school, I listened to the lesson and actually learnt some stuff as I tried to forget. The bell rang and I saw Guy rush out of his seat and run to talk to Chris.

I strolled past, trying to catch what they were saying, they were smiling- that was good enough. I made my way to the toilets in which I stared into the mirror. Re-arranging my hair, and washing my face, I looked at the guy I had become, the guy I saw in the mirror- the guy I didn't like.

CHAPTER EIGHT: Two Can Play At That Game

Chris' PoV

"I'm just glad we are friends again" I said, shaking Guy's hand.

"Best friends, dude. Best friends" Guy said, winking before walking off. This made me a hell of a lot happier. Now all I had to do was make up with Jonny. I started walking towards my next lesson- English, upstairs. As I made my way up the stairs, someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around- it was a girl I had never seen before.

"Hello" she said.

"Hello?" I replied, my eyebrows raised and a grin on my face.

"Hi Chris, my name is Jane, I saw you square up to Sophie earlier, that was very brave of you" Jane said, flicking her long, blonde hair.

"Thank you" I said. "I'll see you later Jane" I continued to walk upstairs but paused and looked back.

"Hey...Jane" I said.

"Yes?"

"I don't know if you are doing anything after school...we should meet up" I said, smiling. She smiled back.

"I would love to" she replied.

"Great, I'll meet you at the front of the school after the last lesson, yes?" I asked.

"Great" Jane said.

"Alright then, it's a date, I'll see you there then" I said, continuing upstairs, grinning.

------------------

The bell rang. It was the end of school. I ran down the school stairs, several teachers stared at me but I continued and waited patiently at the front of school for a girl I had only met a few hours ago. I waited a couple of minutes when I heard a voice calling my name. It didn't sound feminine. It was Jonny.

"Jonny" I said, sighing.

"Chris" he said. "I'm sorry"

"What the hell did I do?" I said, not trying to get too angry.

"You did nothing!" Jonny said.

"Then why did you treat me like shit?" I exclaimed.

"Because I'm a coward!" Jonny said.

"Yes that is exactly right, you are a coward!" I snarled.

"I'll finish with her, I promise" Jonny replied.

"You said that before, but you seem to be closer than ever, if you don't finish with her- I will" I exclaimed. At that moment Jane came up to me.

"Hi Chris" she said. I smiled at her and then looked to Jonny.

"Who's that?" Jonny asked.

"This...Jonny, is Jane" I said.

"Nice to meet you Jane" Jonny said, obviously not very happy. "So" he said, looking to me. "Are you staying at mine tonight?"

"No" I said. "I'll see you around Jonny" I continued, taking hold of Jane's hand and leading her away.

No comments:

Post a Comment